Child dies of Shigella in Kerala

Bizlize

After Nipah Virus taking its toll in Kerala, a child in Kozhikode has died of Shigella infection.

Siyad (2), son of Harshad from Adivaram, died due to the infection at the Kozhikode Medical College,

Earlier, health officials had issued a warning about shigella after three people contacted the disease in the state.

The child was admitted to the private hospital on July 18 for diarrhoea and was later shifted to medical college.

Shigella is a disease characterized by diarrhoea. The bacteria is spread through contaminated food and water. Health department officials has given instructions to keep the surroundings clean.

Bizlize

Leave a Reply