Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday dedicated the Statue of Unity, world’s tallest statue that of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. The day also marks the 143rd birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, who is known as he Ironman of India.
Prime Minister and others poured soil and Narmada water into a Kalash to mark the dedication of the “Statue of Unity” to the nation.
With a planned height of 182 metres (597 ft), it will be located facing the Narmada Dam, 3.2 km away on the river island called Sadhu Bet near Vadodara in Gujarat. This statue will occupy over 20,000 square meters, and will be surrounded by a 12 square km artificial lake. It will be the world’s tallest statue when completed.[ ardar Vallabhbhai Patel Rashtriya Ekta Trust (SVPRET), a special purpose vehicle was established by the Gujarat government and the outreach programme was carried out across India starting December 2013.
Initially the total cost of the project was estimated to be about 3,001 crore. bater Larsen & Toubro won the contract in October 2014 for its lowest bid of 2,989 crore for the design, construction and maintenance. The construction was started on 31 October 2014.
The Statue of Unity is being designed as a naturalistic and historically accurate representation of Sardar Patel, wearing characteristic garments, in a walking stance. Some highlights of this project:
1. Bronze cladding on the Statue.
2. The three-level base of the Statue – exhibit floor, mezzanine and roof – will contain a Memorial Garden and a large continuous museum/exhibition hall, comprising exhibits that focus on the life and contributions of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
3.The observation deck, situated at a height of around 500 ft from river bed, will accommodate up to 200 people at a time. It will provide visitors a panoramic view, enabling them to see the beautiful Satpura and Vindhyachal mountain ranges, the 212 km long Sardar Sarovar Reservoir, and the 12 km long Garudeshwar Reservoir. For the comfort of the visitors against high wind forces, a 400-ton Tuned Mass Damper system has been provided above the observation deck.
4. Access to the Statue via a 5 km boat ride.
5. A large modern canopied public plaza, overlooking the Narmada River and the Statue, comprising food stalls, ornate gift shops, retail kiosks and other amenities, that will provide visitors a well-rounded tourist experience.[5
6. Statue of Unity will have a viewing gallery at a height of 153 m, which can accommodate up to 200 visitors at a go, and will offer an expansive view of the dam and its environs.
7. It will be able to withstand wind velocity up to 60m/sec, vibration and earthquakes.alary challenge.
he court also asked if it is not a forced fund raising then why do they want a no-consent letter. It also asked the government to file a detailed affidavit in this regard on Tuesday.
The High Court was considering a petition against salary challenge which alleged that the government compelled the staff to contribute their salary. The government had directed that those who are not willing to join the salary challenge should file a no-consent letter.
Many people including the opposition parties had raised strong criticism against this move. As per the available statistics, only 60 percent of the total employees have contributed their one monthâ€™s salary. to join the salary challenge should file a no-consent letter.
Many people including the opposition parties had raised strong criticism against this move. As per the available statistics, only 60 percent of the total employees have contributed their one monthâ€™s salary.